Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vlogs

Vlogs are like a blog, but they are done in video format. One blog site I follow on a regular basis is Tammy's Recipes. The host, Tammy has in the past done some interesting vlogs on cooking and canning. They are I believe very helpful for people who are unfamiliar with certain cooking techniques and definitely help with canning and freezing. Here is one vlog Tammy has done on how to can tomatoes using a kettle/water bath. http://www.tammysrecipes.com/files/video/openkettlecanning_tomatos.wmv
I continued my search on vlogs and I could not believe how many there were to see! Some were interesting and some were just plain bad taste. I decided to "google" vlog and Vermont to see what I could come up with. I found Stuck In Vermont; http://www.youtube.com/user/StuckinVermont#p/u/0/VsxWXULL8Rk

I watched 4 of the vlogs that were posted by a woman named Eva Sollberger. What I watched I thought they would be very useful for students to learn what goes on in Vermont. Sollberger had vlogs on the Horror Fest in Burlington, Green Mountain Hounds in Charlotte, and MRF (Materials Recovery Facility) in Williston.
If you look hard enough you will be able to find some high quality informational vlogs that could be used in a classroom setting. But the key really is you must do some research.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Teena
    I am going to check into the Stuck in Vermont website. And the cooking site. I like to cook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teena I was very interested in your search on vermont vlogs and what you found on Eve Sollberger nice to know you can search and find useful tools to teach your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stuck in VT. I came across it last year when I had folks view one her episodes on Tech jobs in VT. I didn't use it this semester though, as it was a bit outdated.

    ReplyDelete