Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bloom's Taxonomy

This week I have been editing and re-editing my WebQuest. I had to step away from it for a few days because I am becoming very frustrated with the entire process. In addition we are to design a rubric to go along with the WebQuest. Since I have been having a difficult time with the WebQuest I have had a difficult time with the rubric. For some reason I just don't get the WebQuest "idea."

This week we are to blog about Bloom's Taxonomy. This is not a new topic for me; I have encountered this in a few of my other educational classes. This is the first time that I've actually had to use it! Bloom's Taxonomy is based on "Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation." It requires the student to use critical and creative thinking to answer the questions. I see this as useful when a teacher is trying to get their students to think at a higher level instead of relying on just retelling or recalling information from a text. I think by redesigning a basic question and turn it into something that requires more thinking and deeper knowledge of a subject is a good thing! The designing of my WebQuest has really made me dig deeper for questions to ask my students. I have printed out the list of "useful verbs" to refer to. I think with some practice I will be able to grasp this concept much more easier as time goes on. It's been challenging, but I really have enjoyed soaking up all this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment