Thursday, September 17, 2009

5000 Days of the Internet

I did not grow up with the luxury of having a computer in my home with its quick and easy internet access to information. They were limited in our school at the time and only a select few of students were able to use them. I was not one of them. My last job I had before becoming a SAHM was an office manager. It was really the first time that I got to use a computer and the internet! It's all amazing to me.
The video link 5000 Days of the Internet was interesting indeed. Especially to see how far and how fast it has all become. We can look for certain information, research different things, communicate with others, watch videos, have live chats, download and upload and I know there is so much more. One thing that does fascinate me is how is this information all stored? How am I able to retrieve information? It just is overwhelming to think at any one given time how many people are using the internet and how we are all connected. I am excited to see what will happen in the next 5000 days for the internet as it is continually changing at a rapid pace. For educators and students the internet is a great tool to have available. As I read more about Wiki I see this as a great addition to the classroom and look forward to be able to incorporate this in my own classroom.

1 comment:

  1. HI Teena
    5000 days was very exciting and scary at the same time. I am very amazed at what we can do with these wonderful computers. This class will really upgrade my knowledge in the tech world. If only I can remember how to do everything. This is a very fast moving idea.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete